- Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return ( PDF)
Annual income tax return filed by citizens or residents of the United States
Related: Instructions for Form 1040 ( PDF) Tax Tables ( PDF)
- Form 1040A, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return ( PDF)
Shorter version of Form 1040 allows you to report limited types of income and to claim certain adjustments. You cannot itemize deductions if you file Form 1040-A
Related: Instructions for Form 1040A ( PDF)
- Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals ( PDF)
Figure and pay your estimated tax on income that is not subject to withholding (for example, earnings from self-employment, interest, dividends, rents, alimony, etc.)
Related: Instructions for Form 1040-ES ( PDF)
- Form 1040EZ, Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents ( PDF)
Simplest individual income tax return form to fill out. If you file Form 1040EZ, you cannot itemize deductions or claim any adjustments to income or tax credits (other than the earned income credit).
Related: Instructions for 1040EZ ( PDF)
- Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate ( PDF)
Complete Form W-4 so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Consider completing a new Form W-4 each year and when your personal or financial situation changes.
Related: Withholding Calculator
- Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification ( PDF)
Provide your correct SSN or other TIN to the person who is required to file an information return with the IRS to report, for example, income paid to you, real estate transactions, mortgage interest you paid, acquisition or abandonment of secured property, cancellation of debt, or contributions you made to an IRA.
Related: Instructions for the Requestor of Form W-9 ( PDF)
- Publication 15 (Circular E), Employer’s Tax Guide ( PDF)
Explains your tax responsibilities as an employer. It also includes tax tables that you need to figure the taxes to withhold from each employee.
Related: Read Pub 15 Online
- Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax ( PDF)
Explains the general rules for filing a federal income tax return. It supplements the information contained in your tax form instruction booklet. It explains the tax law to make sure you pay only the tax you owe and no more.
Related: Read Pub 17 Online