Are you our next Accounting Intern?
Are you an Accounting major looking for an alternative to the corporate world of accounting? Are you looking for a job opportunity that offers you a unique and flexible schedule that nurtures a work-life balance? Are you looking for a job that focuses on your strengths? Do you have a passion for impacting your community by helping the small businesses that operate within it?
Mumm & Associates, P.C. is currently seeking applicants for an internship opportunity. Our firm provides a variety of services which will offer you a valuable opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at how a tax firm operates, in addition to exposure of other processes of the services we offer.
We design the internship around your strengths. If you have a specific area that you are interested in, we can incorporate some additional duties to offer you a more valuable experience.
Accounting Intern criteria
- Accounting major or background in accounting
- Junior or Senior Level
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting concepts
- Accounting experience preferred
Accounting Intern hours
- Minimum of 25 hours per week starting the beginning of January through April 15th, additional hours may be available
- Preference given to someone that can come into the office at least 4 days a week
- Hours can be flexible to work with school schedules
- Saturday mornings required from 9:00 am-12:00 pm CST between February and April 15th
Basic Accounting Intern duties include:
- Limited tax research
- Limited tax data input based on skill and knowledge level
- Scanning tax documents into our Document Management System (DMS)
- Assisting our Office Manager with daily tasks
Accounting Interns receive additional exposure to:
- Payroll processes
- Cafeteria plan administration
- Corporate website management/social media management
- Accounts payable & accounts receivables for clients
- Routine accounting for clients
As an intern at Mumm & Associates, CPAs, your input is valuable to our firm and encouraged. You will be invited to join weekly staff meetings that allow time to review internal processes, work status updates and a chance to enjoy being part of the team.
Please contact Darlene for more information about our internship opportunities.